As a guest, you can join the call easily by clicking on the invitation link that the host shares with you, or by copying and pasting the link on the call browser.
Clicking on the invitation link
The host will send you the invitation link either through email or any other messaging platform. Simply click on the invitation link to join the call. You'll be brought to the landing page where you can adjust the settings before joining the call. You can choose to enable or disable your microphone and camera by clicking on the respective icons. Once you're ready, click on Join Meet to enter the call.
Copying and pasting invitation link
An alternative way to join the call is to copy and paste the invitation link in the call browser. You can open the call browser here. Once you're in the browser, you'll be asked to enter the Meet ID. Now, copy and paste the invitation link here and you'll be ready to join the call. Before that, remember to select your preferred settings by enabling or disabling your microphone and camera by clicking on the respective icons. Once you've done that, click on Join Meet to enter the call.
Important note: To join the call, please make sure you allow permission for Pivo+ Meet to access your camera and microphone. You'll be prompted to grant this access as soon as you click on the invitation link or enter the call browser.
If the pop up does not automatically appear, please allow persmission through the browser's settings page.
Once you've joined the call, you'll be able to see the host in the center of the screen. At the bottom of the screen, you'll be presented with 5 different icons that allow you to leave the call or adjust the settings according to your preference.
The 5 icons represent the following (from left to right):
- Settings : You'll be able to select the microphone, speaker, and camera you'd like to use for the session. If you're using an external microphone or speaker, this is where you can select your preferred option.
- Guest Control : You can click on this icon to enable or disable the Guest Control feature if the host gave you permission to do so. Guest Control allows you to rotate the host's Pivo Pod manually from your side. Click here to learn more about Guest Control.
- Exit : Click on the Exit icon to leave the call.
- Mute : Click on the Microphone icon to enable or disable your microphone.
- Camera : Turn your camera on/off by clicking on this icon.
Please note that Meet is best used with the following browsers: