Pivo Live allows you to go live on Youtube by adding it as an RTMP(S) channel. Check out how you can do this below:
Getting Started - Adding YouTube Channel
- Open the Pivo Live app on your smartphone.
- Click on the Add button to open the configuration screen.
- In the Add channel screen, select the RTMP tab.
- Under the RTMP tab, fill in the mandatory information:
- Stream Name: The name you'd like to use to identify the channel (e.g. YouTube)
- Stream URL: This can be obtained from the channel you'd like to stream to. You can either copy the URL from the channel directly or choose from the dropdown list(only major channels available)
- Stream Key: This can be obtained from the channel you'd like to stream to
- Click on More to include additional settings, if applicable:
- Target type: Some channels require authorization, and this can be enabled here. You can choose between default(no authorization) or RTMP authorization.
- Login: The login/username used for the authorization
- Password: The password used for the authorization
- Click on the Gear icon on the top right-hand corner of the screen to adjust the live stream settings for the particular channel. Click here to learn more about how you can adjust the live stream settings.
- Once you're done, click on the Add button at the bottom of the screen to save the channel and return to the home screen.
How to retrieve the Stream Key and Stream URL from YouTube
- Open YouTube on your web browser and log in to your account.
- On the top right-hand corner, click on the 'Create' icon and select 'Go live'.
- Choose between going live 'Right now' or 'Later date'.
- You'll be asked to pick the type of stream, to begin with. Select the 'Streaming software' option.
- Under 'Stream Settings', you'll be able to find the Stream Key and Stream Url.
- Copy and paste them into the respective section in Pivo Live while adding a channel.
Recommended live stream settings for YouTube
Check out this link for more information on the live stream settings, bitrates, and resolutions.
Connecting to the Pivo Pod
Once you have added a YouTube channel to your Pivo Live app, click on the Capture button to connect the app to your Pivo Pod. Follow the instructions in this link to connect the Pivo Live app to the Pod.
Going Live on YouTube
As soon as you've connected the app to your Pivo Pod, you'll be brought to the capture screen on Pivo Live. On the capture screen, you'll be able to switch between the front and back camera or select your preferred Tracking mode and Tracking Preset.
Check out these links to learn more about how you can select your preferred Tracking mode and Tracking Preset:
Tracking mode: Auto Tracking: Face & Body Tracking
Tracking Preset: Tracking Presets & Settings
After selecting your preferred Tracking mode and Tracking Preset, you're ready to go live on YouTube. Tap on the Shutter button and the list of pre-added channels will appear. Choose 'YouTube' and tap on 'Start Live' to start streaming. Please note that you can only broadcast to one channel at a time.
Once you click on 'Start Live', you'll be brought back to the capture screen where Pivo will start filming. The streaming duration and number of viewers will be reflected at the top of the screen.
To end your live session, simply click on the Stop button. A pop-up screen prompting for confirmation will appear once you've clicked on the Stop button. Now, tap on 'End' to end the live session or 'Cancel' to return to continue filming.
Note: Your phone orientation can't be changed during the live session, so make sure you've set your phone to your preferred orientation (portrait/landscape) before going live.