With Pivo+ Photo mode, you can easily take a photo by using the Remote Control, striking a pose, or with the Auto Tracking function.
The Pivo+ app will open in Gallery by default. In Gallery, press the Capture button at the bottom of the screen to connect to the Pivo Pod. Once the smartphone is connected to the Pivo Pod, Video mode will open by default. Scroll the options at the bottom of the screen and select Photo to take a photo.
Auto Tracking Modes
Auto Tracking is one of the key features of Pivo+ and a great feature that will enhance your photo-taking experience.
There are 3 Auto Tracking modes available: Face, Body, and Horse Tracking.
To select or change your Tracking mode, follow these steps:
- Tap the icon to the left of the shutter button to see the Auto Tracking options.
- Choose between Face, Body, or Horse Tracking.
- Next, tap Apply when done or Cancel to go back to the previous screen.
- When an Auto Tracking mode is selected, a message will appear saying it’s searching for the target (e.g. face). This notification will disappear and be replaced with a red box/circle as soon as the tracking target is found.
Tracking Presets & Settings
In Pivo+, there are two ways to customize your Tracking Settings for a smoother Pivo experience. You can either choose to use the Tracking Presets, which are a list of default Tracking Settings for the most common activities Pivo is used for, or select your preferred settings based on what you’re using Pivo for. Check out the following links for the step-by-step instructions:
Getting started with Tracking Settings: Tracking Settings
Getting started with Tracking Presets: Tracking Presets
You can customize your photo-taking experience with the different settings available. These settings can be found at the top part of the screen in Photo mode.
- Tracking Position: Pivo will keep you on the left, center, or right side of the screen while you’re being tracked. Tap on the Tracking Position icon at the top of the screen and select your preferred Tracking Positions to enable this feature.
- Switch Camera: Choose to capture from either your front or back camera by simply tapping on the Switch Camera icon .
Note: If you're using Horse Tracking, you'll need to enable the Front Camera option in Settings on Pivo+ home screen before being able to switch the camera between front and back. In the home screen, click on your profile picture in the top right-hand corner, and select the enable front camera option.
- More Settings: Tap on the 3 vertical dots icon on the right for more settings options:
- Grid: Helps you get a level shot. Adjust your phone to your preferred angle and use the grid to help check if your phone is leveled. Grid is disabled by default , tap on the icon to turn it on
- Countdown: Need a signal to tell you when the shot is about to be taken? Turn on the Countdown timer by pressing the Countdown icon and Pivo will give you a 3 seconds countdown before it begins recording the video. represents that the countdown timer is turned on and represents that it's turned off
- Flash: You can tap the Flash icon to turn on/off flash when taking the photo. means that Flash is turned off and means that it's turned on
- Burst (Photo mode only): With Burst, Pivo will take 5 photos for each shot and let you select the best one. It’s ideal if you're moving around and want to capture the best pose!
Burst is disabled by default , tap on the icon to turn it on
- Smart Capture (Photo mode only): Click on the Smart Capture icon on the middle right-hand side of the screen to enable Smart Capture , and let Pivo capture the your best side while you stay still in motion.
Once you've selected all your preferred settings, simply press the Shutter button to start taking pictures.
Review & Share Photo
When you're done capturing all your photos, click on the button in the top left-hand corner of the screen to close Photo mode. You'll be brought to the Gallery where all the captured content is stored. Click on each image to preview it. In the preview screen, tap on the Share button to share the photo with your friends and family, or hit the Trash Can icon to delete the photo. Press the icon to go back to the Gallery.
To share or delete multiple images at a time, long press on the images and select the images you'd like to share or delete. Once you've selected all the respective images, click on the Share button or Delete button on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.
Note: You can also save the image to your device by clicking on the Share button, and select the Save image option.