Video recording is the default mode of Pivo+. Unlike the usual video recording feature on your smartphone camera, Pivo+ Video mode is enhanced with the Auto Tracking feature that follows you while you move and groove.
The Pivo+ app will open in Gallery by default. In Gallery, press the Capture button at the bottom of the screen to connect to the Pivo Pod. Once the smartphone is connected to the Pivo Pod, you'll be brought to the capture screen where Video is the default mode. Hit on the Shutter button to start recording the video.
Auto Tracking Modes
There are 4 Auto Tracking modes available: Face, Body, and Animal Tracking: Horse Tracking and Dog Tracking (beta). To select or change your tracking mode, follow these steps:
1. Tap on the icon to the left of the shutter button to open the list of Tracking Modes.
2. Choose between Face, Body, and Horse Tracking.
3. Once you've selected your preferred Tracking Mode, you'll automatically be brought back to the capture screen.
4. When an Auto Tracking mode is selected, a message will appear saying it’s searching for the target (e.g. body). This notification will disappear and be replaced with a red box/circle as soon as the tracking target is found.
Tracking Presets & Settings
In Pivo+, there are two ways to customize your Tracking Settings for a smoother Pivo experience. You can either choose to use the Tracking Presets, which is a list of default Tracking Settings for the most common activities Pivo is used for, or select your preferred settings based on what you’re using Pivo for. Check out the following links for the step-by-step instructions:
Getting started with Tracking Settings: Tracking Settings
Getting started with Tracking Presets: Tracking Presets
You can customize your video-taking experience with the different settings available. These settings can be found at the top part of the screen.
- Tracking Position: Pivo will keep you on the left, center or right side of the screen while you’re being tracked. Tap on the Tracking Position icon at the top of the screen and select your preferred Tracking Positions to enable the feature.
- Switch Camera: Choose to capture from either your front or back camera by simply tapping on the Switch Camera icon .
Note: If you're using Horse Tracking, you'll need to enable the Front Camera option in Settings on Pivo+ home screen before being able to switch the camera between front and back. In the home screen, click on your profile picture in the top right-hand corner, and select the enable front camera option.
- More Settings: Tap on the 3 vertical dots icon on the right for more settings options:
- Grid: Helps you get a level shot. Adjust your phone to your preferred angle and use the grid to help check if your phone is leveled. Grid is disabled by default , tap on the icon to turn it on
- Timer: Need a signal to tell you when the shot is about to be taken? Turn on the Timer timer by pressing the Timer icon and Pivo will give you a 3-second countdown before it starts recording the video. indicates that the Timer is turned on and indicates that it's turned off
- Flash: You can tap the Flash icon to the flash turn on/off when taking the video. means that Flash is turned off and means that it's turned on
Recording a Video
Once you've selected all your preferred settings, simply press the Shutter button to start recording the video. The recording time will be reflected under the Shutter button as soon as the video starts recording.
The navigation icons will be hidden from the screen after 3 seconds to allow you to have a better view of your recording. Tap on the screen again to bring the navigation icons back on the screen. Click on the Shutter button again to stop recording.
Preview, Trim & Share Video
To trim the video, please follow these steps:
- Open the video through Pivo+'s Gallery.
- Tap the scissors icon on the lower right corner of the screen.
- Drag the slider and trim your video to the preferred length.
- Once you're done, tap save to finalize the changes.
- After tapping save, you'll see the share icon on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap it and select the platform where you'd like to share the videos through.